After a long day of doing absolutely nothing at work, I decided to list my all time top 10 movie trilogies of all time.
Notables that did not make the cut: The Matrix Trilogy, The Terminator Trilogy, National Lampoon’s Vacation Trilogy, X-Men Trilogy, Transformers Trilogy.
10. The Bourne Trilogy – Matt Damon taking on the classic book series, being a badass around the world. Good action and good plot.
Best to Worst: The Bourne Ultimatum, Identity, Supremacy
9. Spiderman – Each movie got worse than the previous. 3 was awful, but the original Spider-Man was the top grossing film in its time. It started the superhero hollywood craze that is still taking over our movie theaters today. The reboot trilogy might give this trilogy a run for its money.
Best To Worst: Spiderman, Spiderman 2, Spiderman 3
8. Toy Story – Best animated films of all time. Pixar just nailin it on the silver screen like always. Rumors of a Toy Story 4 has my nuts all tingly in the right places.
Best To Worst: Toy Story 3, Toy Story, Toy Story 2
7. Back To the Future trilogy – Marty McFly’s awesome adventures through time. They got the future all wrong, but who can predict the future anyway? Doc Brown, the future almanac, the old west and potential incest in the future and past…Woof!
Best To Worst: Back to the Future Part 2, Part 1, Part 3
6. Indiana Jones trilogy – A History professor throwing haymakers on Nazi’s and banging sluts. This trilogy made every kid love history. Hell, I bet Historical Joe gets his rocks off to watching this fictional history buff slam box. Each movie is better than the last. I still call asian friends “short round” because of that crazian! (crazy-asian) DOC-TAH JONES DOC-TAH Jones! Sean Connery NAILS IT as Indy’s Dad. KAL-LI-MA! KAL-LI-MA!
Best To Worst: Last Crusade, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Temple of Doom
5. The Dark Knight Trilogy – Chris Nolan completely flipped the superhero genre on its head with his realistic version of the capped crusader. Batman Begins set the tone, and The Dark Knight was fantastic (but overhyped do to Heath OD’ing, its true) and The Dark Knight Rises was a perfect ending to the series, leaving room for your own interpretation on how Batman’s fate really ended.
Best To Worst: The Dark Knight Rises, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight
4. “The Man with No Name” or “Dollars” Trilogy – Clint Eastwood is the definition of badass, and through “A Fistfull of Dollars”, then “For a Few Dollars More” and finally, “The Good, the Bad and the Ugly”, he proves that there is nothing cooler than an outlaw in the wild, wild west!
Best To Worst: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, For a Few Dollars More, A Fistful of Dollars
3. The Godfather – Would be #1, but part 3 is so awful that some people wont consider it a trilogy. #3 on this list on respect for Part 1 and Part 2 alone.
Best To Worst. The Godfather Part II, Part I, 500 feet of horse shit, then Part III
2. Star Wars (Original Trilogy) – By far 3 of the best Sci-Fi movies of all time. Every movie in this trilogy is fantastic, and making episodes 1-3 is a slap in the face to the franchise. Kind of excited for episodes 7-9, but I feel like its going to be a major bust. Whoever says they rather be Indiana Jones over Han Solo is a fucking liar. Rocking out with Chewbacca, banging a princess, and killing aliens beats clobbering Nazi’s, taking dumb ass plane rides, and being a stupid history professor any and everyday.
Best To Worst: Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, A New Hope
1. The Lord of The Rings Trilogy – of the best book trilogies turned into the best movie trilogy of all time. Every movie in this trilogy is phenomenal. No question. Its long as fuck though, but Peter Jackson really took these books to another level. You can’t sit there and tell me you didn’t wish you were Legolas or Aragon fighting Orcs and shit.