January 3, 2013 12:00 PM by Wade Blogs
Alabama’s new uniforms include these features, as stated on Nike’s website:
- Lighter weight Nike Pro Combat Hypercool Uniform chassis that is built for speed.
- Nike Chain Maille Mesh — a lightweight, ultra-breathable material that emphasizes improved thermoregulation.
- Nike Pro Combat Hypercool Speed Top featuring Nike Dri-Fit fabrication that transports moisture and sweat from the skin to the outside of the top, leaving the body cool and dry.
- The full, integrated uniform system also features strategically placed seams, pads and cooling zones that help minimize distraction and optimize protective coverage.
- Alabama will also debut the new Nike Vapor Fly Glove featuring seamless Nike Hyperfuse construction on the back of the hand, no-cuff construction to reduce weight and increase grip coverage, next-generation Magnigrip palm material for improved durability and grip, as well as pre-curved fingers for a more natural fit.
No word yet if the Irish will be sporting new uniforms either. However, rumors has been swirling that they will wear the green jerseys of yesteryear.
Only time will tell…