November 29, 2012 2:45 PM by Wade Blogs
So I finally got to reading the “Top 10 Christmas Movies of All Time” by Billy Heywood. I am disgusted and really disturbed by it. Jingle All the Way at #4 was the biggest surprise until I got to #3 and saw Just Friends. Pure travesty. So I have listed below his list and my reasoning why they should or should not be there.
10. A Muppet Christmas Carol: Great throw back and simple movie to teach the kids the Christmas Carol story.
9. Bad Santa: Dirtbag.
7. A Christmas Story: Classic movie but TBS has overplayed it with the 24 hour stunt.
6. Home Alone & Home Alone 2: Solid movies but I’m over them by now.
5. The Santa Clause: One of the best trilogies out there. First one was top notch!
4. Jingle All the Way: Sinbad belongs on UPN9 aka the gutter.
3. Just Friends: Get this out of my face
2. Elf: Fair assessment and girls love Elf.
1. Christmas Vacation: The reason (after the birth of Christ) for the season.
Now here is Dips’ top ten:
5. I’ll Be Home For Christmas: JONATHAN TAYLOR THOMAS. JESSICA BIEL
4. Elf: This was directed by actor Jon Favreau, you know the guy from every Vince Vaughn movie and the guy who directed Iron Man.
3. The Santa Clause: Tim Allen was born to play a divorced dad that becomes Santa. This edges Elf out for #3 because all three movies are better than 1 Elf.
2. It’s A Wonderful Life: a film about purity of America during the best and worst of times.
1. Christmas Vacation: No explanation needed